Thursday, July 4, 2013

Canada Part 1

We are here in Calgary! I love coming home to visit.

Just a few days before we were set to come, a horrific flood ravaged Calgary and surrounding areas. My parents home is fine, but so many people lost so much. Here is a picture of the golf course view out of my parents window right after the flood:

The entire golf course is ruined. The city zoo is gone. Thousands lost their homes. The aftermath is pretty sad, but I'm amazed at how much people are serving and doing everything they can to rebuild.

Nicole and Steve and Zach are also here to visit this week (Trent comes next week!). The cousins have been having so much fun together.  Heritage Park on Canada day, swimming at Grandmas, Calaway Park, swimming again at Southland Leisure center for the 4th of July.... and that has just been the past few days.


Aubrey was pretty excited about her first taste of cotton candy.

I'm definitely learning that vacations as an adult are all about making sure your kids have fun. I'm having fun, but I'm so tired.

Between all those amusement parks, the kids have gone on a lot of rides. They love them! I'm glad that I have adventurous girls who love to have fun. Here is how Zach and Aubrey feel about rides....

And here is how they feel when the rides stop...

Cora has been doing alot of this...
The poor girl gets dragged around everywhere and most of her naps are on the go. I complain about how she only naps for 30 minutes at a time, but it definitely isn't her fault. I was so adamant about a schedule for Aubrey, but that has not exactly happened this time around. At least she sleeps good at night.

We even managed to get a cute picture of all three cousins:

Stampede tomorrow, movie Saturday, my birthday Sunday.... lots more fun in Canada to come. Maybe we will even get a picture of Steven and I?

2 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

I get there on next Tuesday! I know we only overlap for a couple of days, but I really hope we can hang out for a bit!!! I can't wait to see you and your cute kids!

pam said...

i'm so sad that your sister is in calgary because that means you won't be making your way to LA to see her (and me!) anytime soon! dang it. but i hope you have so much fun.