Friday, October 16, 2009

How time flies...



I was just thinking the other day how it has now been five years since Steven and I met. Life is funny. Time can seem so short and so long at the time time. On the one hand, I still feel like the 18-year-old girl I was when we first met. On the other hand, I feel like I have known Steven my whole life. The past five years have brought both challenges and exciting times for us. While I am on a nostalgic note, here are some highlights:

- Meeting at a mutual friends house. He thought I was a big flirt. I was impressed by how smart he was.

- The first time that we went to Las Vegas together with a group of friends. He kissed me for the first time on the hammock outside of his parents house. He said, "I like you" and I said, "you just kissed me, you better."

- Despite both of our best intentions, falling in love when we knew that he would be gone on a mission for the next two years.

- 208 letters. 104 each. We both wrote every single week for two years. But if anybody ever tells me that I "waited" for him, I get grumpy. I did a lot while he was gone. We were just really in love.

- Seeing him again for the first time in two years. This part wasn't perfect. He went to the wrong airport terminal. When I got off my flight and he wasn't there, it took all of my self-control not to burst into tears when the moment I had been waiting for for two years was nothing like I imagined.

- Getting engaged..... and getting married. Life really is better when you spend it with your best friend. I can honestly say that life being married to Steven is even better than I ever thought my life could be. So, I love you Steven. 5 years is nothing.... here's to 50 more....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So sweet! I love this post!

Richins Family said...

I enjoyed your post, there were some fun little stories to read! I am happy for the both of you!