Saturday, October 24, 2009

Yummy Pasta & Fall Fun


We have started doing a weekly dinner switch with Jeremy and Kedra (we cook one week and they cook the next.) Last Friday we had delicious sweet potato burritos, and yesterday we made Pasta Fresca. I don't consider myself a top-notch chef, and so I don't usually share recipes, but this one was so good. Steven and I love to eat at Noodle & Company, and this recipe is taken from one of their dishes. It tastes really close too... so if you are looking for a crowd-pleaser, give it a try!

NOODLES & CO. PASTA FRESCA

Sauté Instructions:
In a very hot sauté pan, add:
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 cups pre-cooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
1/4 cup cubed roma tomatoes
1 tbs. diced red onions
2 shakes of kosher salt & cracked pepper

Sear noodles, stirring occasionally until steaming hot

Add:
1 oz. baby fresh spinach
1 oz. fresca sauce (recipe below)
Toss to combine, serve with freshly shaved parmesan cheese

FRESCA SAUCE:
(for 15 servings)
1/4 cup fresh garlic
2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sweet white wine (we omitted the wine and it turned out just great)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

On another note, we have really been enjoying Fall again in Provo. We were able to go hiking last weekend and see all of the pretty leaves. Steven also took an impressive picture of the sunrise on his way to work yesterday morning. We have a great view of the mountains from outside of our apartment.

2 comments:

Cardon & Whitney said...

Yay paige I am going to admit it, I found your blog on fallon's and now I'm going to look at it all the time if that's okay with you!! I LOVE noodles. My husband will be very happy about this recipe! Thank you!

Rachel said...

where is that picture by the river taken? so pretty! Brain and I have wanted to come join you guys for the past few years now and explore provo canyon... maybe next year!!