Friday, March 11, 2011

Apartment Life

Since I left home at 18, I have lived in apartments. I counted this morning and I have lived in 8 different apartments. That actually isn't too bad considering the turnover rate of most students.

And, since the Bay Area is super expensive, and Steven and I are not completely sure where we will settle down one day, our apartment life will continue at least into the foreseeable future. I just keep telling myself that I'm not ready for yard work or to be responsible for our own repairs and it makes me feel better about my apartment-dwelling status.

I was thinking today about all the things you learn about your neighbors while living in apartments. Some good, some weird, and some not so good.

For example, I spent a few weeks observing the habits of our downstairs neighbor and this is what I came up with:
  • He lives alone
  • Every time I am up feeding Aubrey in the middle of the night, I hear him talking loudly on the phone.
  • He snores VERY loudly almost all day
  • He makes very aromatic food at 6:30 in the morning
From that I have concluded that he works all night, makes his evening meal when all I feel like stomaching is a bowl of cheerios, and probably needs his tonsils out.

I wonder what our neighbors think of us? I'm probably not his friend every morning when I sweat it out to The Biggest Loser workout DVDs while trying to get rid of these last five pregnancy pounds.

Oh the joys of apartment life.... it was our last noisy upstairs neighbors that made me adamant about getting a third-floor apartment. While dragging myself, Aubrey, laundry, and groceries up the stairs can be a pain, I have decided that I prefer the third-floor lifestyle.

And.... on a completely unrelated note because I think that every post needs some pictures.... this tiny, cute little girl...

poops so much. I know that babies poop a lot, but I am not exaggerating when I say that I have NEVER changed a diaper that didn't at least have some poop in it. And, I hate dirty diapers, so she gets changed very frequently. She must have some metabolism.

A couple of nights ago after a particularly bad blow-out, I decided to take a picture of her face:
She was pretty proud of herself.

3 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

I can't get over how cute she is!

pam said...

i agree with lana. she is fun to look at.
sorry about the poo!

Lisa said...

Down to 5 lbs already? Way to go, Paige! You are an inspiration. Such precious pictures! I already call our little one "pooper" sometimes and he isn't even born yet. Just setting expectations. :)