Monday, October 22, 2012

Girls' Room

I think that I have finally organized and finished the girls' room that Aubrey will be sharing with her new baby sister. I definitely wish that we had more space and that we lived in a place where adding a third bedroom wouldn't cost an extra $1000 per month (no joke).

At the same time... Steven and I are both huge fans of small spaces and the "Ikea" type idea of living with less. Our apartment is 900 sq feet and it doesn't feel cramped at all. It keeps me from buying a ton of stuff, I have to stay on top of de-junking, and it feels cozy. One day we will have more, but for now we are content with less.

So the girls' room is 10 X 10. Definitely small.... but I think we have figured out how to make it be functional for both girls. We might move when our contact is up in March, but it would most likely be to another 2 bedroom, so I will just recreate. Here are some pictures!

View from the doorway

Aubrey's bed. She loves her pillow and sleeping like a big girl. 

Aubrey's reading corner. I will admit, she doesn't have a ton of toys. We go out a lot for that, but she does have a ton of books. I hope to foster a passion for reading, and she certainly enjoys having her own space for it. Now if I can only get her to stop climbing on the table.

All the storage and clothes are in the closet. Mostly due to space, but it also seems to keep Aubrey from pulling everything out of the drawers every time she goes down for a nap. 

Crib. I love the tissue paper pom poms :) Perfect mobile for our little girl. 

Baby girl's side of the room with the changing table/crib.

And there you have it! I hope by being so prepared that all of this just sits waiting for the next 3 months while I get large and make it full-term.

Next up is getting Christmas and Aubrey's birthday all ready, and I hope to have a nice stock of freezer meals made before she is born. This is a CrAzY time of year, and despite my love of summer we have managed to have both kids, our anniversary, and the holidays all at the same time. I guess we must like crazy. 

3 comments:

pam said...

haha paige, this is getting a little crazy. we are seriously TWINS! i love it. we have 2 kids in just less then 900 sq ft too. it's possible, but you definitely have to be creative. that room looks so nice!

Amy Weston said...

GREAT job on the room Paige! So so cute, I love the pom poms and your brilliant use of space! ;). You have to work with what you have when we live in this expensive of an area!

Love Amy ;)

Lisa said...

It looks awesome, Paige! You are amazing. E-mail me if you are ever not crazy busy and want to get together because Blake and I would love to see you and Aubrey again. :) Maybe we could get together for an early lunch at Chick-fil-A...or you could come here for a morning play date...or we could go there...whatever is easiest for you because you are pregnant and that means you get to be catered to!