Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Growing Up

Aubrey had her first day of preschool today. Where has my baby gone?

 Because Aubrey's birthday is in December, she still has two years before she goes to kindergarten, even though she is almost four. I'm glad for the extra time I get to have her around.

But, instead of doing three-year-old preschool, and then pre-k, the teachers at her school have decided to put her in pre-k twice. She isn't quite at the same level with the other 4-year-olds on some stuff, but socially she is definitely in the right place. 

Cora missed her so much. She was crying "sister, sister" on the way home after we dropped her off. I'm glad these two are close.

She loved it! When I picked her up, she was playing with a whole bunch of girls.

Aubrey is an incredible girl and I have been reflecting today on how blessed I am to be her mother. When she very unexpectedly was born 6 weeks premature, of course I was worried about her future. Premature babies often struggle, and Aubrey was very tiny and weak. She needed oxygen and I never thought we would get her off that feeding tube :)

But, she is so healthy and talented, and I am very grateful. Here are a few videos of some of the crazy things she has mastered lately. 

The monkey bars. She still loves her weekly gymnastics class.



Swimming. This video was taken about a month ago, and she has already gotten much stronger. She is currently working on the dolphin kick and treading water. I'm currently working on keeping Cora from jumping in the pool during all our her lessons.


And, Steven's proudest moment as a parent. Aubrey learned to ride her bike! I love those balance bikes- she is seriously a little pro and she is only three. It took her about a week to get the hang of pushing off, but she is quick now.



I can't believe how fast she is growing up. I'm sad, but mostly excited. I'm loving the sweet little friend she is becoming. 

No comments: