Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Days

We have been trying to get in as many playdates and fun outings with friends before Aubrey starts preschool in a couple of weeks and our calendar gets more full.

I will miss her, but we are both excited. Aubrey loves social situations and learning so I think it will be a great thing for her, and I'm excited to spend some alone time with Cora. Her preschool is twice a week from 9-12 and a big bonus is it is close enough to walk! Her school got amazing reviews and they have really small class sizes that I am excited about. I'm not excited about how expensive it is but thats what you get living in the Bay Area :)

Banana ice cream and sprinklers on a hot afternoon. Aubreys "best" friend Faith and their friend Princess. Faith also has a little sister Cora's age so our families match up great.

 This is Lucas and Cora. My good friend Natalie has two little boys. Aubrey and Max (below) are about the same age and are the best little buds. Lucas and Cora are not close in age at all, but he is so sweet to her. We looked back yesterday and saw them holding hands. Cora was pretty proud. 

We always love a good trip to the BMX park. I have learned to have us all wear old clothes because we get filthy. 

Swimming and a LinkedIn dinner night with Dave and Liz and their sweet little girl, Olivia. These three giggled like crazy all night. 

A fun morning with my friend from the BYU accounting program, Lisa, and her two little boys. Aubrey and Blake played SO well together that we are going back again next week.

Cora and Miles took some time to warm up, but we will get them to be friends. Cora's classic "say cheese" face. We need to work on getting her real smile.

And... even though we love getting out and meeting up with friends, I also love the days when I just get to hang out with my girls. I love watching them grow together as friends.

 We always visit the duck pond after the library. Our library trips are getting shorter because Cora is at the lovely stage where every time I turn around she has pulled 5 books off the shelf. In about two minutes they completely fill up my bag and we get out of there as quick as possible before she does too much damage. 

At the park. Pretty much daily. Year round. 

No comments: