Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cora's Blessing

We have been in Las Vegas for the past week or so and have had a fantastic time. We are getting up at 3:30 tomorrow morning (to get as much kid sleeping time as possible) to start the drive back home. Yikes that is early.

I'm going to gather photos and document the rest of the trip soon, but I wanted to start with the main reason we came... Cora's blessing day!

We are definitely proud parents. I can't even begin to describe the amount of joy that this sweet, loving, happy, calm, patient little girl has brought into our lives.

Cora and Aubrey were both blessed in the same dress that I was blessed in as a baby. However, I didn't make either of them wear the 80's style bonnet.... 

She rarely cries and is a pretty happy baby. She loves to "talk" back and forth and wave her little arms and legs. She gets very excited.

We had SO much family support for her blessing day. Almost everybody on both sides of the family was able to be there (we missed you Jer & Ked & Miguel). I didn't get a picture with everybody... but these two are pretty close.


The grandparents and parents. Cora definitely has the coloring of a Foote. But, I still think she is going to look like me too :)

Aubrey was not cooperative for photos this morning. We did make her take family photos yesterday, so  I really can't blame her.

We were lucky in that Cora was able to be blessed the same day as her cousin Jacob. Katie and I were due just a few weeks apart.... but Cora is two months older.

 Babies are funny to photograph.

Days like today always give me a chance to reflect. Today, I especially thought about how grateful I am to be a mother and how much I love these two little girls.

No comments: