Saturday, April 18, 2015

Goodbye California, Hello Las Vegas

The end of March was spent doing all our favorite things and spending time with all our favorite people one last time:





The last couple of weeks were pretty stressful. Our area in Santa Clara is so transient that people move in and out all the time, and so somebody is always needing help moving. I didn't want to bug too many people to help us, so I packed up everything myself with the girls running around, cleaned everything, lived on air mattresses for a couple of days, and then we loaded the truck with just a couple of friends.

On April 4, 2015 we drove away from the Bay Area and closed a chapter of our lives that I have absolutely loved. I'm very excited for our life in Utah, but a part of my heart will always be in California. I'm still a little sad, but we are having a great time here in Las Vegas.

Since we have been in Las Vegas, we have...
Visited splash pads and spent some time in sprinklers. I don't have a picture of it, but Katie and Tyler have an amazing pool, and we have spent quite a few evenings enjoying that. The girls are having a great time being around their cousins.

Put both girls in swimming lessons. Aubrey is a pro, and Cora had her first lesson last week. The first 22 minutes were great. Then she got cold and spent the last 8 minutes screaming, "I want to go in the hot tub." 

We got a pass to the Children's museum and plan on going weekly to get our money's worth.

 We went hiking up at Red Rock this morning. You can't really tell in this picture, but Aubrey climbed up really high for a four-year-old. She was pretty proud.
 Steven's parents have been wonderful to us, and the girls love having their grandparents around.

My little hiking buddy.

And... I guess we can't stay away from California long because after we had been here a week, Steven and I went on a cruise!

No comments: