Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas

This year we had a wonderful Christmas with my family in Southern California. And I even got what I wanted most for Christmas- our whole family to be healthy! We all spent pretty much the entire time between Thanksgiving and Christmas sick. Including a nasty bout of stomach flu that hit Aubrey pretty hard.

But, Christmas was wonderful! I have such a great family!

I think that my favorite part of Christmas Day might have been this moment that my mom managed to catch on camera.

Aubrey got her first kiss from a dog and was quite surprised! The shock wasn't enough to keep her from trying to get more "kisses" from the dog.

Steven and I got each other a new Chromebook that is awesome and making writing this blog pretty nice. It boots in 8 seconds!

Aubrey got to eat even more cake at her family birthday party. She cried when I took it away. 

After Christmas, we then spent the next few days going like mad. We went to Disneyland, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, the Holiday Bowl, and the beach. Whew. 

Aubrey is now walking and seems to think that running is even better than walking. She is such a good little baby (or toddler I guess now), but definitely very active and keeps me on my toes.

She was NOT a fan of the beach. Maybe next time.

We all can't wait to meet little "Baby Mac" and we were very grateful for him at the amusement parks. Since the parks were so crowded and crazy and my sister is quite pregnant, we got her a wheelchair. That wheelchair got us on a lot of rides without having to wait in line. Definitely the way to do Disneyland.

Aubrey couldn't get enough of the rides and shows. She is a girl after my heart! We even got stuck in the Haunted Mansion for about 15 minutes. I thought she would cry, but she loved it!

We had such a good time. We are so blessed to have such great family that likes to have lots of fun. 

1 comment:

HolliJo said...

1 - I love your family picture at the top of your blog. So cute!
2 - Aubrey is adorable! I can't believe she turned one and is walking all over the place. Seems like just yesterday we were getting ready for busy season at Hawkins!
Glad you guys had a Merry Christmas!