Monday, December 5, 2011

Home Again

We are back from our fun Thanksgiving trip to Las Vegas. I took way too many pictures of course, but here are a few highlights:

 We had an early "Christmas" with Steven's family since that is when everybody was together. Aubrey got this pink tutu and loves to wear it. She seriously gets so excited to toddle around in it.
 We went to Steven's old high school to look around and visit his art teacher. This sign of In N Out that hangs up in the school was an art project he did and it is made up of hundreds of smaller pictures. FYI- Steven was voted most artistic in high school. It is a talent we both wish he had more time to pursue.
 We went to the ranch- lots of hiking, quad riding, and even some glow-in-the-dark frisbee.
 To me, it seems like Aubrey grew up so much while we were there. She took her first steps on Friday. She still seems a ways from actual walking (working on balance) but she is getting close. She so badly wants to be a "big girl" and play with her cousins, but most of the time just got left in the dust. Maybe next year :)
Blurry picture, but I wanted to document that we went and rode go-carts. I was proud that I did it, and that I went fast. At least I felt like I was going fast. I finished near the back of the pack, but it was really fun!

The car trips there and back were so much better than I thought. Aubrey actually slept 5 of the 9 hours on the way home. Thanks for a great time Foote's!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Sounds like you had fun! How many of the 9 hours did you sleep on the way home? hahaha