Thursday, January 23, 2014

January

During my years working as a tax accountant, I would never have thought about saying this, but this year January has just really flown by. I think it is because the weather has been amazingly nice. 70s almost every day, and we have spent a good part of our January days outside. The beach, the park, the backyard, this month has been good.

These two crazy girls are starting to play together and I'm starting to see why people might have more than two children. The first year was absolute craziness, but things are settling down. I just pray that I never have to potty train a toddler, nurse a baby, and have a husband with a broken leg again.

I asked Aubrey what she wanted to be when she grew up and she told me "a mommy. Just like you." That melted my heart, and she does a great job of being a mommy. She loves to strap one baby in her ergo, another in her stroller, feed them snacks, and then talk on her phone while she goes on a walk. I wonder where she gets that from?

 Aubrey is also crazy on her little balance bike. She is getting pretty close to being able to skip training wheels and go straight to a bike. There is a park across the street that has basketball and tennis courts. We like to ride over and let her roam free, which is easier than chasing her down the street.

Cora is now officially a full-time walker. She started walking right after her birthday, but she was quite tentative for a while. She has taken off now, but I love her little wide toddler gait. Aubrey went straight to running, so it has been fun to watch Cora think about and figure out the whole walking thing.

Cora is also very observant and surprises Steven and I on a daily basis. She is already saying quite a few words, my favorite being, "aubey." She has the cutest little wave and just seems to "get" what is going on. A few days ago we were playing "duck, duck, goose" as a family. After playing for a few minutes, Cora got a big smile on her face, walked right over to Steven, tapped him on the head and shouted, "duck!" then tried to run away. 

Oh yeah... and Steven and I have been doing quite a bit in January. I'm back down to pre-baby weight and enjoying some time working out at the gym. I finally got a gym membership after three years and I am LOVING feeling a little bit like pre-baby Paige.

Steven has much bigger news, but his mornings are spent getting up at 5 am to write a book. Yup, life with Steven is never dull. He is writing a book with a real publisher and all. I'll write a post about that in a few days, but for now, even though all the pictures are of the girls, I want to remember that Steven and I exist too :)

No comments: