Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas Eve with my family. Steven took this picture showing the view out my parents window on Christmas Eve. I love my home, and I really love the snow at Christmastime.

The long-standing Peterson family tradition has always been to go ice skating around the lake on Christmas Eve. I have been excited to take my girls, and we were lucky that it wasn't too cold for Christmas. Trent and my dad made Aubrey's day by "going fast." She thought it was so much fun. 


Trent is such a good uncle to my girls. He played with Aubrey, took her skating and sledding, and would get Cora up from her afternoon nap every day. Cora doesn't like everybody, but she loved Trent. It was really sweet.

Steven and Cora were troopers during skating, since they weren't able to do much. Steven walked around pushing Cora in the stroller on the ice. She didn't cry and he didn't fall, so we will call it a success. 

And, this is actually the only picture we took with my whole family.  

The rest of Christmas Eve was spent going to the Nativity pageant, opening Christmas pajamas, family dinner, games, and a big video chat with Steven's family. 

That video chat was quite the feat. Steven's family is all over the world right now. We did the video chat at 8:30 pm Calgary time, which was 7:30 pm in Las Vegas(Tyler's family) and Portland(Jeremy's family). That was 4:30 am on Christmas day in Germany (Jason, Lisa, and Steven's parents), and 10:30 am in the Philppines (Kimmy). We are grateful for technology that allows family to be together, even when far apart.

No comments: