Sunday, November 8, 2009

The life of a sugar mama...

I have been thinking lately that I really need to update our blog and make it a little more interesting. But, we have been really busy lately and most of that has just been work and school. Honestly, not that interesting. But, since this is my life, here are a few tidbits of what I am up to every day:

Here is a pictures of the girls that I work with in the "basement." Our office has three floors. The auditors are on the top, the partners and support staff are in the middle, and the tax department is in the basement. I actually really like it. And not just because the break room is also in the basement and so when they bring in treats, we are the first to get them.

One of my favorite parts about what I do is really helping people. We have so many clients that do not understand money, taxes, or finances at all, and I get to help them. That makes all of the years of school and hard work worth it. I also love figuring out hard problems and feeling like a real professional.

One of my least favorite parts about my job is tracking time. Yes, we have to "bill" our time in 15 minute increments. Crazy, eh? I understand the purpose, because even my billable rate is $80/hour (I wish I made that...) and we need to make sure that we are being accurate with how much we charge. It is helpful to stay productive, but it drives me nuts!

And.. for some good news: I took my last CPA exam on October 29th and I finished the two state exams this last week. I don't know if I passed yet, but if I did, then I AM SO DONE!!!! It feels great to work so hard for something and to finally reach my goal.

Life is Good.

1 comment:

HolliJo said...

Congratulations! Yay for being done! I'm sure you did fantastic. And I love the picture. Tell everyone hi for me! And I totally hate that too about accounting. Billing time sucks!