Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holidays

This past week we celebrated Thanksgiving with our Foote Family! I love Thanksgiving, and we have so many things to be grateful for. I honestly wake up each day and wonder how I got so lucky. I have a wonderful husband and family. I have the gospel in my life, and we are blessed in so many other countless ways. Growing up in Canada with an American mother, I have always had TWO Thanksgiving celebrations (Thanksgiving is in October in Canada). I consider my double holidays another thing to be thankful for.

For this Thanksgiving, we had a big family dinner with all of Steven's mom's side of the family. Besides the traditional feast, the weekend was full of family dodgeball, BYU Football, shopping, games, and lots of fun. All in all, we had a great Thanksgiving...


We also wasted no time in setting up our house with all of our Christmas decorations. I absolutely love Christmas, but I am a firm believer in no Christmas until after Thanksgiving. So, all of my excitement is contained and gets fully let loose all at once.




Since we are still in the small apartment stage of life, decorating for Christmas definitely has its limitations. For example, "our stockings are hung by the TV with care" instead of the chimney.


I love this time of year, and we can't wait until we get to go home to Canada for a Peterson family Christmas!

1 comment:

Lauren {MoneyHipMamas.com} said...

Such cute decorations! Right now-- all of our Christmas decorations we own were made for us by our two-year-old nephew. Congratulations again on being ALL DONE with the CPA!!