Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

On Thursday at work (the big April 15th), the partners gave out gifts and cards to thank the staff for all of the work we did during tax season. The card said "Let Freedom Ring," and that is really how I feel. I am free. I have a life again. I see daylight, and the weather has been perfect. Here is what we have done this weekend to celebrate my newfound freedom:

(1) Honestly, the very first thing I did was come home and take a nap. In fact, I took a nap Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Steven came home from taking a test yesterday and found me just waking up from a nap and said, "another nap?" But.... my body has definitely appreciated the rest....

(2) Steven and I went out for dinner and a movie to celebrate. We saw "The Blind Side" which was great and has been out for a LONG time. We got a little behind on "new" entertainment these past few months.

(3) Went shopping. I love shopping. And Steven really must have missed me while I was working so much because he came for the whole afternoon, and didn't even complain once. Those that know how Steven is with shopping can realize what a miracle this is. My favorite new item? These pink shoes.... I think they are way cute, and pink is just my favorite:
(4) Hung-out with my good friend Lauren, and fellow tax-season survivor. During tax season, we planned on going to get pedicures together to celebrate. But, when it came right down to it, we didn't REALLY want to spend $40 to have somebody paint our toes. So, we enjoyed the sunshine, chatted like only girls can, and got $1 drinks on a nice walk.
(5) Had a BBQ in the park with all the Provo Footes. Guacamole burgers, Frisbee, and fun. Perfect Saturday night:

All the above along with going for walks, cleaning the car, laundry, etc. made quite the full weekend. I'm amazed at how nice it is to have spare time again. Whew..... now off to New York next week. Can't wait.

2 comments:

HeilFam said...

Yay!! Sounds like you had a great weekend and New York will just add to the incredible experience. Have fun!!

Cherine said...

Oh Paige I totally thought of you this tax season. I guess that is the name of the game for you each year. You survived well!

So fun to catch up on your blog. Congrats on your CPA certificate. You are a champ. Boo on you dang Canadians winning hockey (but did I expect anything less...no) ;)
And I am so jealous of your NYC trip. Have fun you deserve it!