Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oh Aubrey....

I try to be good at recording our lives, but I have been terrible about writing down the funny things that this little girl says. She has quite the personality and sense of humor.


Naptime has turned into Aubrey play time and naps only seem to happen about 3 days a week. Way sad for me. But, I moved our video monitor so we can watch what she does while she "naps" and it is hilarious. She watches herself dance in the mirror, shakes her hips, jumps off her bed, has conversations with herself, does summersaults... and gets into trouble.

One day after her "nap" I got Aubrey a snack and went in to her room to clean up. She had climbed up and gotten into our giant bag of baby wipes and pulled out EVERY single one of them. Hundreds. I come out and say, "Aubrey!" in my best serious voice. She looks up at me and says, "The wipes mom?" Arggg.... :)


I came in and found her like this on the bed. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "Mom, I'm feeding my baby with my tummy." Then she ran away about two seconds later and I hear Steven laughing in the other room. Apparently she ran in and told him that it was time for her to "pump."

Oh dear! Two year olds pick up on so much...


I bathe both girls together which can be quite the circus act because Aubrey is a little wild and Cora is still not sure how she feels about baths. Other than being a little too aggressive in her love, Aubrey is a great big sister.

She is so funny. She has had no problems adjusting to having a new sister, having both grandmas come and go, moving to a new place... she adjusts very well to the "big" changes.

But.... leaving the park, getting in the car, end of a tv show... the "little" changes can leave her in tears. I actually often have a hard time not laughing that she can be so passionate about something to throw such a fit.

We love our Aubrey. I love being a mom to these little girls.

3 comments:

Heather Curtis said...

That picture of her feeding the baby with her tummy is absolutely hilarious. I was laughing so hard. It reminded me today of a little girl I was watching that suddenly touched my boob and startled I asked her what she was doing and she said she was trying to feel the baby. I explained the baby was in my tummy. Ha. Kids! I can't get over Cora's hair color... it is so adorable and fun. And my boys have been the same... good with big changes (except potty training), and many times nightmares over the little ones. I wish we could hang out! I miss you and want to see your funny cute girls!

Brittany Anne said...

She sounds adorable and just like my little Annabelle. The copying of me feeding my baby and the terrorizing her bedroom during nap time! I love it all.

Lauren {MoneyHipMamas.com} said...

So cute! And I'm coming out to visit Lisa in April, and I'd love to see you!