Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lately

 Life has just been moving along lately. In big news, Steven finished the rough draft of his book. All 15 chapters completed and it is even available for pre-order on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

We don't really know exactly how long the editing process takes from here, but he is happy to be done with the bulk of the work. I really don't know how he did it. Months of waking up at 4:30 am... he is impressive. And tired...
Cora is getting over a stomach bug, so Steven was more than willing to sleep and cuddle with her until 9 am yesterday morning. My girls are sleep only in the crib types, so this was a rare treat for him.

It makes me sad to see Cora sick. She is normally such a loving, funny little girl. She gets comments on those beautiful eyes everywhere we go. And... I love the post-nap pigtails in this picture. One up, and one sicking straight out.

Aubrey is growing up so much. She has been very into wearing skirts/dresses only, doing her hair, and all things girly. She frequently tells me things like, "I bet all my friends will love my new dress." Oh dear.


Having two daughters is payback for all the hours my own mother spent braiding my hair. Aubrey loves little braids and wavy hair and convinces me to do it often.


But, along with that girly side, she is still wild and crazy and darn athletic. She can now swim across the pool and is doing her first bike race (on her balance bike) next weekend. Steven is so excited.

She also loves roller coasters and all rides. She is a screamer.

The weather has been so gorgeous and we have been spending our days outside.

And that... is life lately. Nothing too exciting going on around here. We (hope) this is our year to recover from the past few that have been just crazy. We are enjoying it. 

No comments: