Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a fun mother's day weekend as a family. The girls had a great time coloring pictures for Grandma. Cora had less fun sitting still for the picture, but I did manage to get one shot of her both holding the sign and looking at the camera.


I'm so grateful to be a mom. When the days are hard (and as a young mom they are often hard) I just look at those sweet little girls when they are sleeping, and I am in awe that they are my daughters and I get to raise them. 

Motherhood is such an amazing gift. I also know that Mother's Day can be difficult for many. I remember in the months before I was able to get pregnant with Aubrey just aching to have a baby. I was pregnant but didn't know it four years ago on Mother's Day. I was sad that I was not a mother yet, but Steven made me feel so special and amazing that day. I hope all women can feel loved today. 

And... I'm so grateful for all the mother's in my life. Especially my mom. She is amazing. I could go on and on about how wonderful she is. I love you mom!

Our Saturday this weekend was busy. We got up early and drove to Vacaville for Aubrey's first bike race. She is such a tough, fun little girl. She was one of only three girls out of 60 kids, but she didn't let that stop her. She was most excited that she got a "gold necklace" (aka medal). She even took it to bed last night.

After the bike race, our whole group drove to the Jelly Belly factory and took the tour. The tour was right during nap time, but we kept them going with lots of jelly bean samples. The sugar rush got them through, and they all crashed on the drive home. What a fun day with friends. 

Jelly Belly certainly has some interesting flavors. Yuck.

Then today, my mothers day has really been delightful. I was treated to raspberry crepes and fresh picked flowers in bed this morning. I even had a little helper to eat them with me.

I got to take a nap, go on a walk, eat frozen yogurt, and have dinner made by Steven and the girls. Aubrey also sang a song during church with the primary. Since Aubrey has a late December birthday, she is the youngest kid in primary. She looked so little up there!

Here is also a picture of part of the mother's day card Aubrey made for me at church. I cracked up at, "She's not a superhero. She's just a mom." I guess I"m also raising another generation of clean freaks. I also have my mom to blame :) I love my girls.

No comments: