Sunday, November 23, 2014

Birthday Party

Last night we had a joint birthday party for the girls. Aubrey and Cora are pretty lucky because both of Steven's parents, and my mom were here for their party. And, I was so glad for all the help.

Aubrey is born December 19 and Cora on December 22. Pretty tricky dates for birthday parties. For the past couple of years we have had the party before the holidays and I think that is what we will always do.

We had the party at the gymnastics gym where the girls take lessons. They LOVE gymnastics and were so excited to share that with their friends. I was excited to not have the mess at my house.
 This little girl loves to jump. We gave them their new gymnastics outfits before the party. She kills me in those shorts.

 Lining up with Coach Joey. He was amazing with the kids. Cora had quite a few little friends, but they were mostly with their parents, so it was harder to get them in the pictures.

 One of Aubrey's favorite things to do at the gym is climb to the top of that blue mat and then do a flying leap into the foam pit. It looks pretty fun to me.

 Aubrey got to demonstrate the equipment and she took her job very seriously.

Cora's favorite part of her gymnastics class is the parachute, so they had a great time doing that with friends.

After the gymnastics activities, the kids all lined up to receive medals. It was really cute to see how excited they were.

Then came dinner and cake. My mom and I had a fun time decorating the cakes and cupcakes. And the clipart photoshop credit all goes to Steven. 

 Seriously... when did she grow up so much? She is a little girl now, and I can't believe she is almost 4.

Sisters. I'm so glad they have each other.

Cora was pretty happy to be eating that cupcake. Until the frosting was gone. Then she was done.
The girls have such great friends who got them amazing gifts. Even though they were exhausted, they both stayed up last last night playing with new toys in their beds. Today also has been spent doing lots of new crafts and reading new books. I'm glad my girls have such sweet, cute friends. 

I think everybody had a great time. It was kind of a big production and I couldn't have done it without all the help I had. It was worth it to see their smiles.

1 comment:

mackyton said...

Happy birthday to the girls! I wish you guys a very happy 2018! I am personally very fond of celebrating. My little girl is turning six next month and we’re also planning a birthday party in one often cutest LA venues that I found a couple of days ago. Looking forward to all the fun!