Saturday, November 8, 2014

Monterey

We just got back from a quick trip to Monterey. We realized that we can't live an hour from one of the best aquariums in the world and never visit. So, Steven took work off Friday and we made a weekend trip out of it.

We drove down Thursday night and got there in time for dinner and swimming at the Residence Inn pool. The girls were pretty excited to be there. They seem to love hotels. I love the Residence Inn because we can shut the door and have our own room instead of sitting in the dark until they fall asleep.

The next morning I went on a run while Steven took the girls to breakfast. Our hotel was right on the edge of farm fields and it was really pretty. The miles flew by and I stopped to take a picture.

We spent the next five hours at the aquarium. Definitely glad we made the drive to visit because the aquarium really is one of the best. I have been to quite a few aquariums, but none this good before.
 Typical of them right now. Cora is a moving blur and Aubrey is a ham.

 I think I heard, "I want to touch it!" all day from Cora.


 The real ocean on the deck overlooking the aquarium. We were lucky enough to see dolphins too.

 Walking to lunch.

 Can never get her away from water.

 Aubrey is at a great age to take to places like this. She had a lot of fun and was fun. Cora... not so much. She just wanted to run everywhere, and we had to drag her away screaming on more than one occasion.

We had another fun night of swimming after the aquarium and the girls crashed at the hotel. Steven and I watched a few episodes of The Office for the second (third?) time. We really need something new to watch...

Saturday we went and visited the famous (and very cool) Dennis the Menace Park.





Then back to Cannery Row for some lunch and the $10 Ghirardelli ice cream sundaes. I can't resist those. Aubrey sobbed real tears when the ice cream was gone.

We spent a few more hours at the aquarium since we bought season passes. It is so expensive to go once... and not that bad to get passes so anybody want to visit and go with us again? The aquarium was way more packed today than yesterday. I'm glad we got to go yesterday to look because I spent today just trying to not lose a child.


And then we ended our day with overtired girls and a lot of this.
We had a great time. I think at some point as your kids get older, vacations may actually seem like a vacation. We are not there yet, and I think I am more tired now then when we left!

No comments: