Friday, August 28, 2015

House Progression

We left Canada and spent a few days up in Wallsburg before our house closing. We celebrated my actual birthday, and did our final walk-through. Then, on July 9, 2015 we closed on our first house! It was a crazy week as the girls got super sick the day after we moved in (of course!) but things finally feel like home now.

We were pretty excited. When we first took possession things looked like this...
 Kitchen
Girls bathroom

Railing. That thing was so expensive.

Family Room.
Awesome mountain views. Our exterior will look much better once we have a yard. We are working with a landscape architect and hopefully that will be happening in the next month or so. 

My turquoise front door. Everything else was pretty neutral, but I love the fun pop of color.

We have been working very hard. We came from a two bedroom duplex and we gave away most of our stuff before we left California, so we have pretty much had to furnish and decorate an entire house. Things are not "quite" how I want them yet, but here is a sneak peak. I will take some better (not phone) pictures once I have everything done.

Playroom. This is probably my favorite room in the house. Because of this room, the rest of my house usually looks pretty good. I just shut the door, ignore the mess, and we are all happy.

 Family room. Those shutters make me happy. The design center when we built our house said it would be $12,000 to put shutters on the house. No thank you. We ordered them from blinds.com and installed them ourselves for less than half that price. Steven is getting pretty good with his drill. 

Another view of the family room. 

Girl's room.

Kitchen

Eating nook with my table that I love. 

View from the kitchen, through the nook, to the family room.

Piano. We just got the piano last week, and I am so excited. I took piano lessons for 10 years growing up, but I haven't had my own piano to play in over 10 years. The rest of the living room is currently empty... we are working on that.

Steven and I have had a great time making this place feel like home. I love it, and I love having our own home. I feel blessed.

No comments: