Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stampeders


We are now home from Calgary and we had a fantastic trip. We did so many fun things. One great thing that we did was go to a Stampeders Football game. For all of my American friends, the Calgary Stampeders are in the "CFL" or Canadian Football League. This is like the NFL for Canada. My dad played on the "Stamps" for 9 years while I was growing up, and so going to games has always been a big part of my life that I was excited to finally share with Steven.

The weather was beautiful, we had great seats, and the Stamps demolished the Toronto Argonauts. A perfect football game.

For a hobby when he is not a lawyer, my dad is now the color commentator for the Stampeders games on the radio. At the game, we were able to spend the second half watching him. I am always amazed at how quickly he thinks on his feet and what a great job he does.
And, just for fun, here is an old-school picture of my dad when he played on the Stampeders and they won the championship (he is in the middle).

No comments: