Saturday, April 25, 2009

Graduation!


Well, it is official. I am now graduated from BYU with a joint bachelor/masters degree in Accounting. Yay! Some of the highlights of all the festivities include

(1) Commencement: President Uchdorf and Elder Nelson spoke and both gave amazing talks. I was able to have a nice soft seat on the floor and family on both sides were able to attend.










(2) Convocation: For convocation, I upgraded and I got to sit on the front row in the Marriott Center, and by luck of the draw I ended up leading out the recessional of graduates at the end. Right before hand, I met up with all my accounting classmates for one last picture and goodbye. My supportive parents, grandparents, and husband all endured 700 other names read in order to be there for mine!





















(3) Lastly, I got a few graduation presents that I am excited to put to good use. My sweet Steven surprised me with some flowers. My parents gave us a picture of the Salt Lake temple for our apartment that I could barely wait to put up on the wall. And, as a combination of all other gifts (thanks mostly go to the Foote's and my grandparents) we bought a new Trek road bike. I think that the bike might have made Steven even happier than me. I am thrilled to sell my old Target bike and officially join the cycling world. I just need the tight little shorts and jersey and then I will really look like I fit in. Overall, graduation was great and exciting and I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful family to share the experience with.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

yea! this will be great to keep in touch this way! Congrats on graduating and your new bike! I need to get a new bike too, people at work make fun of me because I am too tall for mine or something...
So about LOTOJA are you guys planning to bike it? if you need a place to stay let us know we have lots of room!

Lisa said...

I have a Trek, too! So great! We should go biking up the canyon sometime. I haven't gone in forever, but I have to train for my little 75-miler. Congratulations on graduating magna cum laude (I think that's what it was). You're amazing!