Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life in the Slower Lane


Well, now that my family has left, my final grades are posted, and Steven has returned to his job full-time, my life is a lot more relaxed than it has been.... well, ever! And, I love it. This past semester, my schedule went something like this:

Wake up, go to class, go to work, go to class, go to work, do homework, fall exhausted into bed.

I learned that going to school full-time and working 40 plus hours a week is not good for anybody. I love working and being productive, but I didn't feel like my life had any balance. I remember one night about mid-March where I had about an hour of spare time, and I honestly didn't know what to do because it had been so long since I asked myself what was something I WANTED to do. However, now I am spending these next few months studying for (& taking) the CPA exam and enjoying spending some more time doing hobbies (I had forgotten what that was even like!). So far, I have loved putting a few miles on my new pretty bike, read some novels for enjoyment, studied lots... (I can't quite just do nothing productive), brought out my creative side attempting to make crafts and awards for my upcoming YW girls camp, gone shopping, cooked new recipes, and all sorts of enjoyable things! Life is good...
If anybody has any more hobby suggestions for me to try out, let me know!

1 comment:

The Foote Family said...

I have an idea of how to use your new found spare time...come to Las Vegas to visit us. We miss you guys.