Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Steven!


Well yesterday was Steven's 23rd birthday and I will follow hitting the big 2-3 in about 4 weeks. We are getting so old. We had a fun day and were able to spend the evening together. I spent the afternoon making and decorating cupcakes for Steven. Thanks to a little mishap, some of those cupcakes ended up on the floor and the rest got squished. We managed to salvage the ones that didn't end up on the floor to eat, but I was still sad. I called Steven at work all upset and he thought it was funny. So maybe one day I'll look back and laugh about the day I dumped his birthday cake on the floor.

Other than the cake, Steven got a few exciting presents. The main one is... a new road bike! A few weeks ago, Steven's bike frame cracked in such a way that it was dangerous to ride and since he rides his bike to work and it is really our second car we were forced to buy him a new one. Good thing his birthday was so close. Thanks to the generosity of both sets of parents, his new bike was mostly a birthday gift. Mostly.... road bikes are expensive. But, I have a very happy Steven with a new bike!



In honor of my Steven and his birthday, I thought that I would share a few, fun facts about why he is so great and fun and special to me. I thought about doing 23, but that is a lot so I'll do a top seven (since 7 is my favorite number):

7. He is very artistic. He is always drawing or working on some project. The current, ongoing project is the famous "Starry Night" on note cards with ambitions of putting it up on the BYU Wilkboard. More to follow on that when complete!
6. He absolutely loves jalapenos and anything spicy. We were making homemade pizza the other night and he looked at me and said, "But Paige, where are the jalapenos?" as if you just HAD to have them on everything. I even kind of like them now.
5. He loves to read classic literature and watch the history channel. I really admire that, and I am hoping that he will rub off on me. I like both of those, but honestly, I would rather read entertaining romance novels and watch reality TV....
4. He has determination and stamina. In high school he was a cross-country runner and now he has taken up cycling. Having just started myself, I am amazed at how much self-discipline it takes to be really good at those.
3. January through April. Tax season is a crazy time for me filled with a lot of work. During that time, Steven completely takes over the cleaning, cooking, shopping, and laundry. He is constantly looking for ways to make things easier for me.
2. He is very, very thoughtful. He wrote me good, long letters EVERY single week for two years. He never missed one. And then when he got home and I said that I missed getting letters, he mailed one to our apartment for me.
1. I love him! Enough said :)

Happy Birthday Steven!

1 comment:

Richins Family said...

Well it looks like you had a great day, that will have some lasting memories... I have to disagree with the getting old though, you are both YOUNG! Happy late birthday to Steven and Happy upcoming birthday to you!