Friday, June 26, 2009

Update

Since my journal writing skills are less than stellar, I am trying to use my blog as a type of journal and thus, I have made a goal to keep it updated. This week, I have been trying to find something interesting to post, but things have been pretty mundane as I have been studying like mad for my first CPA exam (which I take in less than a week), and Steven has been working lots. However, we were able to do and see a few interesting things this week-

Kimmy's Fashion Camp
Steven's younger sister was in town because she made the Allyse's bridal fashion team. She had a fashion show and she looked beautiful. She also has amazing brothers because going to a fashion show is not something you would normally find Steven and Jeremy doing.
Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House
Steven and I were able to attend the temple open house for the second time this week with all of the youth in our ward. I am very grateful that we live so close to many temples. I am always in awe of the simple beauty and sweet spirit that is there, and this was definitely no exception. We also enjoyed delicious cookies at the end!

More Rain and Snails
So before this Spring, I always thought that Utah was a desert. However, day after day of rain lately has made me change my mind. I think that we have some wonderful sunny days on the horizon, but every time there is rain, we get a few friends outside our door. I do not know why, but snails LOVE our front door. This morning, we went outside and found a group that made our neighbors BBQ their home. I think that I counted 9 outside this morning.

2 comments:

Steven Foote said...

Amazing photography on the snails!

Shannon said...

I used to think snails were cute. That was before they inhabited my garden. Wonder how they learned to like BBQ so much?!