Friday, July 9, 2010

July Updates

July (so far) has been MOSTLY nice and relaxing. We enjoyed the 4th of July weekend, and did all sorts of typical 4th of July things- BBQ, fireworks, hiking, etc.
I think that July is the best month of the year. Mostly, because it is my birthday. Even though Steven's birthday is in June, he is also in agreement. He thinks that July is the best month because July is the Tour De France. Yes, we watch a hundred men cycle every single day all month. Steven loves it. You know that you married a road cyclist when....

At first, I thought (like most people) that is was boring. But, seeing as this is my third "tour" I'm actually getting kind of into it. I know all the names and everything. Speaking of my birthday, it was great. I'm now 24, and that is starting to sound old. So many people I loved called and stopped by, and I even got these sweet flowers from a sweet guy.
We move in four days, and that is the part of July that has not been relaxing. The packing still has a LONG way to go, but it is nice to know that this move is only a couple of miles. Instead of the thousand or so our next move will be. One of the packing things that I have done is take all the pictures off the walls. We had this one picture in our living room that was kind of heavy and awkward. So, we stuck it to the wall with those 3M sticky things that are supposed to be awesome and come right off. Well, dear 3M, this is what our wall looked like when we took the picture down.
They should have some sort of warning on the package like, "if the walls are painted with really cheap paint and really old, these will probably strip all the paint off down to the drywall." We tried to repaint over it and right now I'm just crossing our fingers that we fixed it enough to get our deposit back. Yikes.

1 comment:

matt and steph said...

Paige that is a gorgeous picture of you with the flowers! I love it!!