Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's a Boy!

But not for me!

Yesterday Lisa and I hosted a baby shower for our good friend Lauren. She is having a baby boy in October and we are so excited for her to join the mom clan. 

I had a lot of fun making the decorations and cupcakes. Steven even complimented me on them and said that I was "creative." I said that I am just good at copying off other people's blogs. Does that count?
Aubrey had fun hanging out with her buddy Blake. She really seemed to enjoy eating his toes, but I tried to limit that for both of their sakes. 
Congrats Lauren! We are so excited for you.

Blech. I look terrible in this photo, but it is the only one we took of the three of us.

We then spent the evening at a "Holy War" party watching the BYU vs. Utah football game. BYU played terrible.. but we had a lot of fun and we are all enjoying feeling settled and having friends. 

Whew. I sure was tired by the end of the day. Why don't babies get that weekends are for sleeping in?

4 comments:

Heather Curtis said...

It looks like you did a good job! I'm jealous I'm not with you hating the horrible BYU football game and talking mom talk. And I too still wonder why babies just can't sleep in on weekends- it is just something you can never be fully prepared for when you become a mom... sleeping in is history for a lot of years. Yikes.

Lauren {MoneyHipMamas.com} said...

Thanks so much, Paige! You did such a great job! (Can you email me the pictures?) I'm so excited for my last day of work so we can start hanging out more!

Lisa said...

You did a great job on the decorations--it was so cute! I would plan a baby shower with you anytime. I had a blast. :)

The Dave Foote Family said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love the pic of Aubrey with the balloon,. :)