Saturday, September 24, 2011

The weather has been HOT...

and we've been sick :(

90+ degree days would have been awesome if both Steven and I did not get sick. Luckily, Aubrey has been just fine. When I am sick, all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch with a blanket. Not so much fun in the heat.

We are on the mend now, but Thursday was the worst. Of course, Aubrey was wild that night. Her average time to stay still is about 0.3 seconds. Here she is after crawling and climbing on everything for about an hour while Steven and I took turns laying on the ground/chasing after her.
And no, she did not just have a bath. She literally "worked up a sweat."

And since Saturdays are a rare commodity, we wanted to do something fun, but neither of us was feeling up to anything too strenuous.

We got a new child carrier backpack and decided to try it out by walking on the bike path by our apartment...
and visiting the Intel museum since it is free and so close. We learned all about the history of the microprocessor. 

Aubrey was in her own version of a utopia- a whole room of screens that she was actually allowed to look at and touch!
Hopefully by tomorrow, Steven and I will again have enough energy to keep up with this little one.

4 comments:

Lauren Billings said...

wow. your little girl has got to be the cutest thing ever!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Ohhh man!!!! Both of you, that is rough!!! I hope you too feel better soon. I am so impressed that you were still able to leave the house. Good for you. I love the last picture of A ahhahaha so cute! And I love that she is crawling all over the place hahahah that is awesome!!

Cherine said...

Um where has the time gone? Your little girl is a doll and so big too. I understand the heat. we are in the 90's as well but that is cool for us since we were 70 days in the triple digits (freakin Texas).

The Dave Foote Family said...

I love that little glint in her eye and big grin on her face!