Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Aubbers

Well, I definitely fell off the blogging wagon for a while. Mostly because we haven't really taken very many pictures lately, and because things have been a little crazy. We are moving next week to a new apartment, and my to-do list is pretty long. But, mostly for my own benefit, I thought it was time to do an update on the Aubbers.


She loves to climb, climb, climb, and gets pretty excited when she makes it on top of things. We sold our kitchen table and bought a new one that is going to be delivered next week, but for now, this is the only chair we have. I think Aubrey will miss it when it gets demoted again to the deck. 

She talks all the time.... just not in English. "Real" words that she can say are: Hi (as a greeting), Hey! (I want attention!), Uh oh (ususally when she drops something... on purpose), Yum (umm...umm...), mama (usually just mom mom), dada, and yeah. She has started repeating some words that I tell her to say, but I don't think she uses anything else with meaning yet. 

Putting her to sleep is like a dream now. I seriously can put her down for naps or bedtime and she either sings her self to sleep or doesn't make a peep. I definitely have been blessed with a good little sleeper. 

She has been eating pretty well, and is now officially drinking whole milk out of a straw cup. Weaning her was easier than I thought it would be. She loves curry and other random things you wouldn't expect a baby to eat.

I also find it pretty ironic that as soon as she started eating well.... her growth curve dropped. She was a whopping 17 lbs 15 oz at her one year check-up. I think she has grown a bit since then, but she is definitely a tiny girl. She never stops moving... and that is why most pictures of her now look like this!

She has a very funny, social personality. She can also be mischievous. She will walk up to the toilet pointing and shaking her head saying "ah ah" and then stick her hand in. And then smile at me. She knows she shouldn't, but just can't help herself!

Mischief and all, I am loving the stage she is at. She is so much fun! Now that she is walking and running all over, she just seems so much like a little girl... not a baby. I loved the sweet newborn stage, but I actually think I am a better mom for the toddler stage. We go to parks, play dates, shopping, etc. Now, we just need it to get warm enough for the pool. She is my little buddy :)

No comments: