Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Place

We are in our new apartment! And, so far we are really loving it.

I never thought we would be fancy apartment complex type of people, but since we are here for the foreseeable future and buying a house in this crazy, expensive place isn't an option yet, we wanted a place that could feel like home. And a washer and dryer. As much fun as it was dragging Aubrey and our giant bags of laundry to the laundromat each week, I don't think that is something I will miss.

Our place has some fun perks. We get our own garage, 3 pools (one just for lap swimming), 2 gyms, right next to a bunch of parks, in a super nice area, and close to shopping. Doesn't everybody want to come visit now? Please?

I (as Steven will tell you) tend to turn into a bit of a crazy person when we move. I just can't seem to stop until everything is done and organized. Steven was also a HUGE help. So, here we are three days after move-in and I am done! All boxes unpacked, furniture in place, pictures hung, laundry done, and house cleaned. However, I did pull some muscle in my back and can now barely walk. I guess I over-did things...

Here is a tour for anybody who likes that sort of thing (I love it), and for my own memories:

The family/living room:
 I think that the vaulted ceilings are my favorite. And yes, the picture in our living room is the same as the one on our blog. Let's just say we don't have too many family picture options to choose from. 

The Kitchen:


Dining Room:

Hallway/Washer & Dryer:

Yeah! Yeah! This is honestly probably the biggest reason why we moved.

Guest Bathroom:


Super excited to have two bathrooms. Super unexcited to clean two bathrooms. 

Aubrey's Room:


And... our bedroom/master bathroom:



There you have it! Our happy home. Sometimes it is hard because I know that if we lived pretty much ANYWHERE else, we would already be able to have a really nice house. 

But, we are enjoying life and excited at the great work experience Steven is able to get while we are here in Silicon Valley. So, for now, we will continue to be apartment dwellers :)

8 comments:

The Dave Foote Family said...

It looks amazing!
We can't wait to come and visit.
Way to get it done so fast.
We hope your back feels better soon.
We love you guys

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting pics. It looks awesome and a place you can definitely feel at home in. Glad you guys are liking it there.

J Fox said...

It looks so pretty. You have such nice furniture and you decorate so nice! We will definately have to visit now!!

Heather Curtis said...

I am so glad you posted those pictures! I LOVE to look at peoples houses. I feel bad sometimes because I ask for a tour whenever I go to a new home. I'm a little crazy that way, but I love getting ideas for my own home. Fun fun. You have done such a great job! Your apartment looks fantastic! I can't wait until I visit... someday. You wanted three little boys in that apartment, right? Ha.

Deborah said...

You did an amazing job! and with no help, sorry :-(. I look forward to coming back soon, love to you all.

pam said...

nice place! i'm impressed you got it all organized so fast.

Meagan said...

Your new place looks fantastic! You are great at decorating. Maybe you can decorate for us when we move in the near future?

Lisa said...

Hey! Lauren told me you were moving--I love the new place! I am super impressed you were unpacked and everything in three days. We've been living here for almost two years and we're still not unpacked. :) You are super woman. We're so excited to see you guys on Blake's birthday--it's been forever!