Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beach

Steven is on paternity leave for the next two weeks. He actually could have gotten six weeks off completely paid, but we chose to just take two. More than that felt a little greedy, but it will be so nice to have him around these next couple of weeks while we move. 

Since we have a lot of work with moving coming up, we decided to take a fun day and go to the beach!   

Here are our Foote family "feet" in the sand. Aubrey of course had a hard time staying still, so hers is all smudged, and Cora's foot is so tiny it is hard to see. 

Me and my girls. I'm a lucky mom.

We brought Subway to eat at the beach, which was a bad move. Within 2 minutes, we were surrounded by Seagulls determined to steal our food. Aubrey was terrified. She kept screaming, "Birds, go away! Go away!" Steven, however, is great at getting Aubrey out of her comfort zone. He convinced her that chasing the birds was hilarious, which was way better than having her scream at them. 

I had to go feed Cora, and while I did, I just watched these two play in the ocean. It was definitely a moment I want to remember. Aubrey is so much fun and has way more energy than I know what to do with. 

Spending a hot sunny day at the beach in February? I'll take it!

1 comment:

pam said...

that looks like such a fun afternoon! i like your sand footprints. very clever!