Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fun Hibernating

 Steven's mom has been here to visit. We have had a great time and will be sad that as of tomorrow all our visitors are officially gone. Just in time to move all by ourselves :)

Grandma has enjoyed lots of fun with Aubrey and lots of snuggles with sweet Cora.

Cora is growing fast and still sleeps a lot! She is pretty strong and also developing very well, so I'm enjoying having such a sleepy baby. Cuddling up to sleep on our chests is probably her favorite place to be.

She actually fits in her carseat now. For the first couple of months, my tiny little girls look pretty funny in their car seats... We don't go to the doctor again for another couple of weeks, but I am guessing she is up to about 8.5 pounds!

We have also been doing what I call "fun hibernating," Aubrey loves to have fun, and she has definitely been missing her friends and going out so much. She called some teenage girls we saw walking around our apartment complex "friends" so we know she is getting desperate.

Preemies have weaker lungs and much weaker immune systems than a full-term baby. A common cold could put Cora back in the hospital so fast. I don't even want to think about RSV or the flu. And, honestly, the greatest risk of Cora getting sick is catching something from Aubrey.

So, we are pretty much hibernating until March/April. I tried to take Aubrey to a couple of places, but every time I do there are sooo many sick people! So... for now.... the poor girl is not able to do much.

We have been thinking of lots of fun things to do that are not around lots of germy people. The weather has been great the past couple of days, so we have gone swimming every day. I love living in California. Aubrey is still such a little dare devil.



We have also been doing lots of packing (will it ever end?), cooking, play dough, coloring, games, etc. If anybody has any other ideas of things we can do out of the house but not around people, I would love more ideas!

And.... we move into our new place next Saturday. I'm counting down the number of times I have to negotiate Aubrey from our apartment into the car.

2 comments:

Heather Curtis said...

Well, you could try the library in the morning. Usually it is pretty empty as long as it is not story time and the adults that are there usually keep to themselves. Then you can let Aubrey pick out books and such. When do you move? I need to send you something... should I send it to your old address? Is your phone number different? I think I have the wrong one. Dang. So happy for little Cora. She is so perfectly adorable!

pam said...

does aubrey like to just go on walks? not a walk to the park or anything.. just a walk around the neighborhood? you could talk or sing to her to keep her entertained! good luck with staying sane :)
cora sounds like such a sweet little girl. i love how snuggly she is!