Monday, January 28, 2013

Due Date

Today would have been my due date with Cora. January 28th is a date that was ingrained in my head with both pregnancies, but one that was never reached!

My dad came to visit last week and we had a great time. Aubrey was SO excited to spend time with "papa." She is still asking for papa to play catch with her.


We have been very blessed with lots of help/visitors. My mom left today, but Steven's parents are coming to visit Wednesday night. I will take all the help I can get! Especially because.... we are moving in less than a month.

Yikes! Moving with a 2-year-old and newborn will be interesting, but so worth it. We managed to find an updated duplex with both an attached garage and a yard. I'm so excited to not have to drag Aubrey up two flights of stairs anymore. And a yard! This summer is going to be awesome.

Living in Silicon Valley is definitely crazy for renting though. I searched Craigslist multiple times a day for weeks. When I found this duplex, I responded instantly. We showed up at the open house (along with 50 other people) right when it started with our money and application already filled out. There were so many applications, that we ended up signing a lease for actually MORE than their original rental asking price because so many people wanted to rent it. But... we got it! We must look really nice or something :)

Cora and Aubrey are such cute little sisters. Aubrey is very sweet to her and we haven't really had too much jealousy yet. But, before I make it sound perfect, Aubrey is definitely testing my patience in lots of other ways...

I'm living proof, since I am the second sibling... but sometimes I wonder how younger siblings survive all the "love" they get:

Cora is still such a calm baby. It amazes me! Most people have trouble getting their babies to do tummy time because they scream and hate it. I have a hard time because she is just so calm and completely content to just lay there:

Cora is such a blessing to our family. And.. I won't speak too soon because we have a long way to go, but I seem to have lucked out in the sleep department again. I'm only allowed to let Cora go one 5 hour stretch at night and I seriously have to wake her up every single night. Definitely not complaining about that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to wake her up? Seriously? We should get Cora together with Jane. They need a talk.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, Cora just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Seriously so excited about the duplex--that will be SO awesome! And so glad to hear even someone born early like Cora is allowed to go a 5 hour stretch. Like an idiot, I followed Kaiser's advice to wake Blake up to eat every 3 hours around the clock. Such a nightmare... definitely won't be doing that next time. I like this one 5 hour stretch guideline much better. :)

pam said...

due dates are overrated!
you have a lovely little family.