Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Interview

Three-year-olds can be quite funny, and I love watching the way Aubrey's little mind works to figure out the world around her. Here is a little "interview" I gave to Aubrey yesterday. She makes me laugh everyday.



Paige: What is your name?
Aubrey: The McDonald's girl.
Paige: Ok? What is your real name?
Aubrey: Cinderella
Paige: How about your real name?
Aubrey: *sigh* I guess Aubrey.

Paige: How old are you?
Aubrey: I'm free (aka three)

Paige: What is you favorite activity?
Aubrey: Family Home Evening (I suspect the "treat" part is why.)

Paige: What is your favorite book?
Aubrey: The princess book from Costco ( I concur. That book comes with a button and If I have to hear that song one more time...)

Paige: What is your favorite song?
Aubrey: "Let it Go" (I along with every other parent can sing 'Let It Go' in my sleep.)

Paige: What does Daddy do at work?
Aubrey: Um... He writes his book. And eats treats.

Paige: What do you want for your birthday?
Aubrey: Oh! I want a tiny little box for underwear and I want a big box with toys. (Okay?)

Paige: What is your favorite place to go?
Aubrey: Great America! (It opens this weekend and she has been asking to go daily for months.)

Paige: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Aubrey: A mommy like you because I love you. (I like this answer.)

Paige: Who is your favorite person?
Aubrey: A ghost.... or Cora.

Paige: What is your favorite toy?
Aubrey: My tiny pink cake that I lost at Faith's house.

Paige: What makes you happy?
Aubrey: Mom gives me lots of hugs and dad gives me hugs before he goes to work.

Paige: What scares you?
Aubrey: The real monsters that you showed me and... (launches into some very long story about monsters.)

Paige: When you get sick what makes you feel better?
Aubrey: I throw up in the bowl and in the hallway two weeks ago.
Paige: And what makes you feel better?
Aubrey: I get lots and lots of shows.

Paige: Do you like sharing a room with Cora?
Aubrey: Yes, I love her. I jump on her and she laughs. (ugh... this part is true. She keeps climbing into Cora's crib at bedtime.)

And that... is a look into the mind of my spunky, funny, sweet three-year-old. I'm lucky to be her mom.

1 comment:

pam said...

i totally just did this same idea with chet in honor of his birthday! great minds think alike. i have to get my butt in gear and post chet's online. aubrey's her answers are sweet. especially the one about wanting to be a mom like you!