Sunday, March 16, 2014

Papa

My dad was here to visit this weekend, and I can't believe he is already going home in the morning. We only had two days, but we fit in as much as we possibly could. The girls were so excited to spend time with their "papa."

Yesterday, the day started with workouts for all. Working out is something my dad never misses.  He honestly works out every single day, unless he is really sick. Seriously impressive. I'm not as dedicated, but I'm glad that he taught me the importance of exercise. I got to go on my first bike ride with Steven since his accident- it is great to see him back to normal.

After workouts, we went to the Children's discovery museum. The girls loved it, and ran from one activity to the next with a frenzy.






 But, there was definitely no frenzied running away from the water activity. We spent a long time there, and I think the entire museum heard when we dragged a soaking wet, shivering, screaming Cora away from there. I think she would have stayed all day if we let her.



After the museum, we did lunch, then let Aubrey watch "Up" while Cora napped. After naps, we went to show my parents around the new LinkedIn building and eat dinner. It is so nice! Steven will still be working at the headquarters, but the new building sure is fancy. We got some fun family pictures in the lobby.


Then we went swimming. I thought that I only had one crazy kid when it came to water, but Cora is just as crazy. I don't know what I did to have kids that seem to have absolutely no fear of the water. I'm just glad we don't live near water, or I would be nervous all the time! We all loved swimming, and plan to go again tomorrow.

Today was spent on church, walks, dinner, and just hanging out. Grandma and Grandpa got to give the bedtime stories :)

I wish those bedtime stories meant that they actually went to bed, but as I type this I still hear them both laughing and playing an hour later. I guess they definitely had a fun weekend with their grandparents!

No comments: