Monday, July 14, 2014

Utah: Part 1

We just got back from a really fun vacation with my family in Utah. We are really lucky that we get to stay up in Wallsburg when we visit. It is so peaceful and quiet. I love where we live, but I really miss the open space.

The first week of our vacation, Steven stayed home and the girls and I traveled alone. Aubrey was so proud with her little rolling suitcase. She dragged that thing all over the airport. Which was... mostly a good thing. She would run ahead, often banging into peoples legs as I hurried behind with Cora, but for the most part traveling with them wasn't too bad. Maybe I have just become the mom who is oblivious to how wild her kids are? Either that, or they really are getting easier as they get older.

As soon as we arrived, my mom took us shopping. We got the girls little mini maxi skirts, and Aubrey is now pretty much obsessed with wearing it.

We then spent the next few days exploring all our old favorite places and finding a few new ones too.

We visited the children's museum in Salt Lake. I think we seek out a children's museum wherever we go. They are just great for little kids. We had to drag the girls out of there after 4 hours, so we definitely got our money's worth.

 lol... I sent Steven this picture and told him that Cora missed him. He wasn't too impressed.

 The girls loved spending so much time with their cousin Zach. Cora, especially loved having a buddy close to her size.

My dad and I went in a wind tunnel that simulated a hurricane with 80 mph winds. I should have brought a hair brush for after that one.

We of course went on a few quad rides. The girls LOVED riding the quads, especially once Steven showed up and took them way faster than I was comfortable going.

We spent a very warm and crowded day at Seven Peaks. My family can never get enough swimming.


And.. we ate. A lot. We went to the train place in Heber more times than I care to admit. Those shakes are pretty darn tasty..


That is how we spent our first few days in Utah. We missed Steven, but I felt ok knowing that he was at least getting fed at work while I was gone. That didn't stop him from eating leftover lasagna four days in a row, but it could have been worse :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks so fun! I love that shakes place. The Dairy Keen, right? So fun! Does this mean you're back now? When you're settled in, we'll have to hang out!