Friday, July 18, 2014

Utah Trip: Part 2

One other fun thing we did before Steven arrived was go "camping" aka... cook dinner and marshmallows over a fire. That is about the extent of our family camping, and I will happily keep Aubrey believing that what we did was camping for a while longer.

In the two hours we were there, they got completely filthy. And had a blast.


The first day after Steven arrived was the fourth of July. It was blazing hot, but we spent the morning at the Colonial festival in Orem. I really enjoyed it. As a Canadian, I always feel a little ashamed of my American history knowledge, so I like to learn more when I can. 




We went swimming at the Provo Rec center (twice!). That is a cool place and it almost made me want to move back to Provo. I even got to sneak away and swim laps both times. Here is Trent jumping off the cliff jumping wall.


I celebrated my 28th birthday. I'm a lucky girl because I always get to celebrate my birthday with my whole family. Other than Cora being up like 500 times the night before (and she almost never wakes up at night) I had a great day. I even convinced Steven to go see "The Fault in our Stars" with me while the girls had a grandparent date.

We went to BYU...
Steven visited with two of his old bosses at the Law Library. 

Of course our BYU trip included eating at the Cougareat and buying BYU shirts in the bookstore. Hot pink of course. It couldn't even be light pink... she insisted on hot pink.

We spent a lot of time hanging out in Wallsburg. I love that place. My dad had a great time on the gigantic riding lawnmower. 

We fed horses with my aunt Heidi..



Had a fun night with Jason and Shanna...

Saw my friend Fallon and her family. We have been friends since we were six years old.  We went to Elementary, Junior High, High school, and BYU together. Now we live apart, but it is always great to get together.

And... this is long enough. We had a great time. I have spent the past week weaning the girls off of daily ice cream and late bedtimes which has been super (not) fun, but it was completely worth it- we made so many great memories!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures!