Sunday, August 21, 2011

8 Months

Do I really have an 8-month-old?
It feels like each month goes faster and faster. And she just keeps getting more fun. At 8 months....
  • lots of rolling and scooting around. She can definitely get where she wants to go. 
  • On the verge of crawling. She just needs to figure out how her hands work, and then there will be no stopping her. 
  • This has been a good month for sleeping. She is now sleeping through the night (11 hours) about half the time. Naps are also WAY better, with 2 pretty consistent naps that are 1-2 hours each. Loving it. 
  • However, it has been a terrible month for eating. Her eating skills are improving with lots of work on that pincer grasp and she is doing great drinking from a cup. Actually getting her to eat/drink enough.... is often quite the struggle. She is still quite tiny, and so I worry about her weight gain. 
  • She loves to stand and is getting some strong legs. In fact, she loves to stand so much, I often have a really hard time getting her to sit down. 
  • When Kimmy was here, I asked her to tell me one word to describe Aubrey. Her choice? Giddy. I would say that fits her quite perfect. She is so happy and social and giggly. Lots of squealing and everybody is greeted with a smile. 

And 8 months has brought lots of visitors. My mom is now here to visit and we are loving it! Aubrey thinks her grandma is so much fun.
 She also thinks that this stud is pretty fun too. 
I'm a lucky girl. 

2 comments:

The Dave Foote Family said...

I am so jealous of your mom and Kim. :) What a fun, sweet, giddy little girl. I can't wait to hold her again. Grandma really appreciates you keeping up on your blog. It makes my day every time you post something new. :)

Lisa said...

She is so cute!! I can't wait to see her again.