Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fresh & Sweet

My mom just left and I am so sad. I really wish that I lived by family, and that she could be my neighbor. Sometimes it is hard not having any family or support system here.

But... before she left, we had a few fun days. Lots of shopping, and one day to explore where we...

visited the Muir Woods Monument, which was full of amazing redwood trees.

 Pictures never do natural beauty justice but trust me, they were incredible. 
We had a great time, but wowee the drive there was crazy. The entire way was up a super steep, super winding road.

My mom and I are both roller-coaster enthusiasts, never get car-sick kind of people and we were both feeling completely nauseous by the time we arrived. Aubrey was looking quite green herself. But, the fresh air helped us nicely recover.

And we found out that Aubrey has the wing-span of a Heron. Who knew? 

And, since I inherited my sweet tooth from my mom, we spent the rest of the afternoon at Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco, enjoying the beautiful sun...

and eating the best chocolate fudge sundae that $8.75 can buy. Yum! 
Writing this makes me want chocolate again :) 

1 comment:

pam said...

i love you're new family photo at the top of your blog. you guys look so good.