Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back In CA

Yes, we are alive and back in California. Actually, we have been back for almost 2 weeks, but I have neglected catching up on the blog. Somebody is keeping me a little busy....
No crawling, not even really that close. Rolling ALL over is her way of getting into trouble. I say... crawling can definitely wait a little bit.

So, one funny part about our trip home that I want to remember is how my 7-month-old was selected for "extra" security screening. She had to have a security pat down, was swipe-tested for explosives, and I got in trouble for not removing her shoes.

So ridiculous. And really... pretty funny. It was good that Aubrey thought the whole experience was hilarious, or else I might have been more mad about it. But really?? A baby? What has our world come to!

In other news, Steven is ONE week away from taking his last CPA exam. Hallelujah. So far he has aced the ones he has taken, and so I am not worried about him passing. But it will be so nice to at least have our mornings back even though he usually works late. We enjoy the time we get.
And, I have spent the past couple of days helping watch my friend's little girl while she was in the hospital having her second baby. The verdict? It was fun, but I'm definitely not quite ready for two yet. This little girl is enough for me right now :)

2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Isn't it fun to see them discover the mirror ahah!! Especially when they see you! She is such a pretty little baby! And the airport gig... SHEEEESHHH!!! Really? I am so with you on that, funny yet ridiculous! Sad to think that that could be a real scenario. Welcome back!!! Hope you had a great time... it seems like you guys did.

The Dave Foote Family said...

Man, I love your adorable family. Thanks so much Paige for keeping grandma happy with new picutres all the time! :)
We can't wait to see you guys.
Love you tons.
Good luck Steven on your FINAL test. I know you'll do great.