Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday on the Coast

We had a rare Saturday where Steven didn't have to work at all (sad, but true). So, we took advantage and went on a day trip.
I just had to take a picture- Doesn't this look like a stereotypical "beach bum" car?

We went to Swanton Berry Farms, where we picked our own delicious strawberries. 

I've eaten a lot of strawberries, and these were by far the best I have ever tasted. Way better than Oregon strawberries (j/k Kedra).

But, seriously... the farm was really cool. And right on the coast, so we had amazing ocean views the entire time.
Aubrey was all smiles as usual. And even "helped" pick the berries until she started shoving dirt and leaves into her mouth.
We also visited Pigeon Point Lighthouse, which has been around since 1872. And has the claim to fame of being the most photographed lighthouse in the US.

Ahh... I do love the fresh coastal air. 
Days like today make me love living in California.

1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

That is awesome!!! And I had no idea about that light house, I would have assumed that the most photographed would have been in North Carolina. I am glad you were able to have a weekend as a family!!! I love those days too (because they are rare for us too)!!!