Monday, May 11, 2009

Viva Las Vegas


Steven and I were able to go visit his family in Las Vegas this weekend and we had a great time. Steven's younger brother, Jason, recently received his mission call to the El Salvador San Salvador East mission. He went through the temple on Friday night and we were able to be there for him. On Saturday, we started the day off by going to the lake. The weather was hot! The water was a little choppy, but Steven still managed to do great water skiing, and jumping in the cool water to swim was a welcome relief from the heat.



After the lake, we went on a bike ride with Steven's dad and brother's who all have road bikes too. Even though the 3:00 PM ride was around the hottest time of the day (100 degrees), I still enjoyed it and found it easier than riding in Utah. Living in Utah near the mountains is beautiful and great when we want to go biking, but it is impossible to go on a bike ride without climbing lots of hills (and hills hurt my legs!).

We went out for dinner to Carrabbas and since we didn't have time to wait for a table, we sat at this counter that faced the kitchen where we watched the cooks and the cooks even brought us samples. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. However, I found out afterward that Steven found a cockroach in his napkin and rather than make me and his mom and sister freak out, he just got another napkin. I was a little disgusted because growing up in Canada, I honestly don't think I have ever seen a live cockroach. I'm not discouraging eating at Carrabbas because it was good, but that was a little bit of an unpleasant surprise!

We were also able to visit the Bellagio fountains and a couple of art gallery displays down on the strip. Steven and I try to visit the fountains whenever we go to Las Vegas because we started doing that when we first met before his mission and we have great memories there together. Normally, the songs are Celine Dion's "My Heart Will go on" or Faith Hill's "This Kiss" or something similar to that. This time, they played a hymn "Tis a Joy to be Simple" and I really enjoyed that. All in all, a relaxing weekend and now we are back to work and studying and all that fun stuff...


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun trip! Glad to see you're having time to relax now. I still don't know how you managed to survive last semester--you're amazing!

Unknown said...

Ah The Mother Land. I do miss the heat. Can you please bring some back! Cute blog by the way.

Email me your email because I am private.

Ciao

Cherine said...

Shoot, Paige this is CHERINE not Michael. My bad!

Jason Foote said...

that was as great weekend. I'm glad you guys were able to make it down for it. Love you guys-

Jason