Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas From....


We are here celebrating Christmas in Calgary. My family is big on traditions, especially at Christmastime. Since this is Steven's first official Peterson family Christmas, we did all of the traditional "Christmas" activities.

My heritage on my mom's side is German. One German tradition is hiding a pickle ornament in the tree and having a contest to see who can find it first. It is amazing how hard that is to find! Here are Steve and Steven looking.... Steve won the 2009 prize.
We went ice-skating around our community lake on Christmas Eve. I love ice-skating. Steven even learned how to skate backwards. I'll turn him into a Canadian yet.




Every year a different stake in Calgary puts on a live nativity and we always go on Christmas Eve. That is one of my favorite traditions and helps us to remember the real meaning and celebration of Christmas.

Enjoyed some of our Christmas loot...... We were definitely spoiled. I think that one of my favorite gifts is the car GPS system that my parents got for us. Now that we are moving to California, my mom is really afraid for her directionally-challenged daughter. She should be, and so I am grateful for the help.

In between all of the traditions, we have had time for some game-playing. Ping-pong and Rockband have been the favorites. Those drums are crazy hard.


And of course the best tradition... being with family. This is a picture of our Christmas dinner at my grandparents house. My grandma works so hard for days to cook a delicious turkey dinner. She is an AMAZING cook, and this dinner is something that I looked forward to for months. Thanks grandma :)

We are having a blast and I'm grateful that we have another week here. I love my home!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

that sounds like you had a blast! I like yo9u home to after that description! I too love to skate we should all go together sometime if Brian and I could make it down to Provo! that would be so fun to have a community lake to skate on!

Steven Foote said...

Rachel- sounds good! They have 7 peaks right by us, so when you guys make it down to Provo, let us know and we can go for sure. Oh, and this is Paige. It says I'm signed in under Steven.

The Foote Family said...

Awww, That looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You should try to teach me to skate too. I am a pretty clumsy ice skater. The pickle ornament search tradition sounds like fun. :)Did you shop the Boxing day sales?? (That is the day after Christmas right?) P.S.--Have you heard that Jer and Ked went into the hospital today to have their BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our little niece is almost here.