Thursday, January 28, 2010

What Happened to the Daylight?

So, on the way home from work today, Paige made the comment, "I haven't seen daylight since Sunday." This is not entirely unusual in the months of January through April. 'Tis the season for taxes, and Paige has a lot of taxes to do. Since we don't see sunlight anyway, we're considering becoming vampires, because it sure would be cool to be able to climb trees like that.


I'm not sure what it is about being a vampire that allows for such tree-climbing abilities, but I want in on it. I know about these things, because on Saturday we went to the library to get some books, which we don't have much time to read anyway, and I decided to make a deal with Paige. I wanted her to read one of the books I like, and so I said we should pick out books for each other. I chose A Tale of Two Cities for her to read, and guess which book she chose for me. 



By saying we avoid sunlight, I'm not saying that we are vampires. I'm just saying we don't like light, and we have exceptionally pale skin, we are devastatingly beautiful, and we don't seem to age. I'm not saying we are vampires, but I'm not saying we're not.