Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wilkboard Art

About a year and a half ago, Steven started to create a replica of Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night." Not just any replica, but a picture entirely created from 3 X 5 cards and Crayola crayons. Finishing the project has been a while in the making, but we took it home for Christmas and with the help of my family (along with many others along the way), here is the final product:
Pretty Awesome, eh?

While the project was finished at Christmas, tonight was the grand unveiling. Steven's whole idea was to put it up on the BYU Wilkinson Center "Wilkboard." For those who don't know, the "Wilkboard" is used by BYU students to sell and advertise. You put up an ad on 3X5 cards, and anybody at BYU that wants to buy your housing contract/sell textbooks/buy a car all go and look at the Wilkboard.

Tonight Steven, Lisa, and I went to put up the art. Steven plans on keeping it there until tomorrow (Feb 1) at about 8 pm. So, if you go to BYU, go check it out!


Life with Steven is always an adventure. I'm continually amazed at how creative, smart, and fun he is. This past year, he has worked running an entire website for the BYU law library, took a full load of Master's degree classes, managed a single-student housing apartment, served in the Young Men's organization, and countless other responsibilities. But, he never let's me forget that life is also for fun. I wonder what he will come up with next?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a very cool looking group of 3x5 cards put together over time to come up with a great picture.. Reminds me of the wheat field Elder Bednar talked about in his talk last conference and how consistant simple brush strokes produce something great..
Great job Steven, Paige and Lisa

The Foote Family said...

That is AWESOME!!! I hope it is up long enough to make the daily universe. We feel proud to say that the masterminds behind the wilkboard art are our family members.:)

MTDA said...

Anyone that would do that is my kind of person. Very well done.

David Scoville said...

Brilliant! I read about this in the Daily Universe--I glanced at it after doing a sudoku puzzle. Then I searched "Steven Foote Utah". Your blog appears at the bottom of the first page on Google. I like the idea. I've thought about doing something similar.

Cardon & Whitney said...

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Rachel said...

Holy cow, Steven! Please forgive the "blog stalking," but that is amazing. I'll have to show my mom. :)