Saturday, October 16, 2010

6 Months

Right now, like most pregnant women, I am hungry. Steven and I are going out for dinner before a concert we are going to tonight, but Steven is doing homework. However, despite temptation, I'm being a good wife and leaving him alone. So I thought it was a good time to do a pregnancy update!

Here I am at 6 months pregnant. Or at least I think 6 months pregnant. I don't quite understand how some people quote the whole pregnancy timeline. I am almost 26 weeks and I will be having my baby in about 3 months. 6 months right? Well, most people say that 20 weeks is five months..... 24 is 6 months.... 28 is 7 months... etc. But, that would make pregnancy 10 months when it really is 9. I think that is crazy. So, 6 months it is. 

Right now I am enjoying this stage of pregnancy. I finally have a noticeable "bump" but I'm not too big to be uncomfortable. She is moving like crazy and I love being able to watch my belly and see the kicks. 

One thing that I am learning about pregnancy is that there are alot of symptoms that come along with it. I was prepared for morning sickness and getting bigger, but I was unaware of charlie horses, ligament pain, nosebleeds, heartburn, etc. But, whenever I start feeling like complaining about anything, I just remember how lucky I am to get this experience, and how excited we are to be parents. Then, all of those symptoms don't seem bad at all.

I haven't really had too many cravings, which Steven has been disappointed about. I think he wanted me to wake up at 3 am one day and demand that he go get whatever food I must have NOW. 

However, my first trimester I could not eat anything sweet. It all sounded disgusting to me. Luckily, that has passed and I am pretty much just eating normally, except forcing down a zillion cups of water a day and making sure I eat more fruits and veggies. 

Time is going fast now. There are still so many uncertain parts of our life coming up in just a few months that it is a little scary how fast time is flying. But, I am mostly so excited. I can't wait to finally meet her and be a mom. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So exciting! What a cute little baby bump! :)

Heather Curtis said...

smallest and cutest prego women ever... somehow I knew you'd manage that :)

HolliJo said...

It was so fun to see you this weekend! Glad you are doing well! Good luck with everything :)

Chelsey and Richard Neve said...

Paige! So excited for you two!! You are so tiny, that little bump looks so cute!!