Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Masterpiece

I love Christmas and Easter and Thanksgiving and pretty much all holidays. I get so excited for holidays. Except Halloween. I don't really love Halloween. However, pumpkin carving is one part of Halloween that has definitely become a Foote family tradition.

This tradition is mostly because Steven loves to carve pumpkins. However, faces on pumpkins or pre-made patterns are never part of his pumpkin carving. Steven creates his own pumpkin carvings and designs. He is always so creative. Past year's pumpkins have included Jack Johnson, Batman, and Kenny Chesney (that one was my request).

This year, in honor of our time spent here in Provo, Steven created a BYU pumpkin, showing off Y mountain, the Tanner building and the SWKT.  We both can't believe that is was 6 years ago now that we met here. We have loved our "BYU" days, but we are excited for the next chapter of our lives. Here is Steven's pumpkin creation:



3 comments:

Deborah said...

Steven, your 2010 masterpiece is just as impressive as every other year...love it!

my name is becky kelly said...

love it I'd better search your blog archives to see pictures of other pumpkin masterpieces! Shanan carves pumpkins the same way, no wasting time on someone else's idea! One year he did an awesome elk! I always just carve our last name so it's very welcoming on our front porch :) (or a big "K" this year)
Good carvin'!

HolliJo said...

That's a pretty amazing pumpkin. I'm so impressed! Hope you are feeling well, and thanks for the congrats! We're sooo excited!