Monday, October 11, 2010

Viva Bike Vegas - Round 2

Last time I wrote a post on here, everyone thought it was Paige, so I just want to clarify that, while Paige does indeed write most of the posts, I (Steven) am writing this one. 

About two years ago we wrote in our Christmas letter that I was going to do a century during the coming year (2009). A century is 100+ miles of bike riding in a single day. I did the century in Vegas, riding the first half with my brother, Tyler, and the last 30 miles with my dad. My dad took a picture very similar to the one below last year. This year, however, both Tyler and my dad rode the whole thing with me.


Seeing the 100 mile sign is enough to make even the most sunburned cyclist smile. Tyler forgot to apply sunscreen. I forgot to reapply.

 This picture is of us crossing the not yet opened Hoover Dam bridge. It was open just to the cyclists of the event for a 2.5 hour window. Pretty awesome.
 About 10 hours after we started, we crossed the finish line and got these cool medals. Don't let the smiles fool you; we were in an incredible amount of pain. But, the fact that we didn't have to ride any further was enough reason to smile a bit.
 Our support team met us at lunch and a few other places along the route. They sure are cute. I didn't see any other posters, so I guess we're pretty awesome.

 Paige is so awesome. Who can dispute that?
 In cross-country I learned to sprint to the finish of every race. This race, however, had police barricades about 5 feet past the finish line, so I had to restrain myself and slow down a little early.

It was a great day, and to anyone who thinks they might be interested in buying a road bike, I would direct them to my other blog, where I write about such things fairly often. stevenfoote.posterous.com

2 comments:

my name is becky kelly said...

that is very cool.

Deborah said...

Incredible! I am amazed at your ability to be so focused on your goals and go for them. Congratulations to you and the rest of Team Foote.